- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oz noodles or thin spaghetti, broken into large pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium-size pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups bottled clam juice diluted with 1 cup water
- Salt (kosher or sea)
- 3 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
This Spanish pasta recipe is best cooked in a skillet with a flavorful liquid that the pasta absorbs.
Lightly toasted and full of marine flavors, the pasta is delicious and easy to make. Enjoy!
Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add the noodles and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the diluted clam juice and bring to a boil.
Season with salt to taste, cover the skillet, and cook until the pasta is barely al dente, about 8 minutes.
Add the clams, nestling them into the pasta, cover the skillet, and cook until the pasta is al dente and the clams have opened, 4 to 7 longer, adding a few tablespoons of water if the pasta looks dry.
Discard any clams that haven’t opened, stir in the parsley, and serve at once.
Serves 4 to 6