- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut in half (lengthwise)
- 6 tbsp tuna in olive oil (Bumble Bee or imported oil-packed tuna), drained
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp drained small capers
- Salt (sea or kosher)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- Thin strips of roasted peppers (or piquillo peppers)
- Minced fresh flat-leaf parsley (to garnish)
Huevos Rellenos de Atun – Tuna-Stuffed Eggs
Tuna-Stuffed Eggs make a perfect light supper for a hot night. Stuffed Eggs are popular tapas recipes in Spain.
The eggs can be stuffed with jamon (ham), tuna, smoked salmon, anchovies, or sauteed mushrooms, and spiked with capers and shallots.
Place the egg yolks in a bowl and mash them well. Add the tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and capers and stir to mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites, spreading it slightly beyond the center hole.
Loosely roll up an anchovy fillet, top a stuffed egg half with it, and tuck a piquillo pepper strip in the middle of the anchovy.
Repeat with the remaining filled egg whites.
Sprinkle parsley on top of the eggs and serve.